Dual Enrollment-Career and College Promise
Session Law 2011‐145, the Appropriations Act of 2011, authorizes the State Board of Education and the State Board of Community Colleges to establish the Career and College Promise program, effective January 1, 2012.
Career and College Promise provides seamless dual enrollment educational opportunities for eligible North Carolina high school students in order to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry‐level job skills.
- Dual enrollment is the opportunity to take college courses from Alamance Community College and receive High School and College credit.
- Dual credit courses carry a 5.0 honors credit
- Only Career and College Promise courses WILL be dual credit, meaning that they will be on your high school transcript and will affect your GPA.
- Dual enrollment is offered to students who meet the Alamance Community College criteria in both GPA and test scores.
- Students who are Dual Enrolled need to take a minimum of 4 classes at Clover Garden School and must be at school during 1stthrough 4thperiods.
- Students not enrolled for all days of the week will be required to be at Clover Garden School on the days they are not scheduled to be at ACC.
- The Career and College Promise courses at ACC are tuition free for high school students. BUT students must pay for their own books and supplies and are responsible for their own transportation.