Clover Garden School is a tuition-free public school. Any child who is qualified under the laws of North Carolina for admission to a public school is qualified for admission to a charter school. To qualify to attend a NC public school, a student must be a resident of North Carolina. County boundaries or school attendance areas do not affect charter school enrollment. Clover Garden School does not limit admission to students on the basis of intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, disability, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion or ancestry. The school may give enrollment priority to siblings of currently enrolled students who were admitted to the school in a previous year. Refer to G.S. 115C-218.45.
Non-discrimination in Charter Schools
“A charter school shall not discriminate against any student on the basis of ethnicity, nation of origin, gender, or disability.” NC GS 115C-218.55
During each period of enrollment, CGS will accept applications for new students. Once enrolled, students are not required to enroll in subsequent enrollment periods. In order to properly plan, the school will routinely inquire with parents in early spring through letters of intent to ascertain if students will return to CGS the following year.
The enrollment period will begin January 2nd and ends March 4th of 2020. During the enrollment period, the school shall enroll an eligible student who submits a fully completed application within this period, unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery will be held to fill vacant seats for the next school year. After seats are filled, the drawing will continue to determine the order of a waiting list. Current year waiting lists dissolve when the next enrollment period begins.
Lottery procedures will comply with the NC Open Meetings Laws provided in G.S. 143-318.10(a) by publicizing the date and location of the meeting as well as allowing anyone to attend.
Application Process for NEW Enrollment for 2020-2021 School Year
- All applications for the 2022/2023 school year need to be submitted using the online application and lottery website Lotterease.com.
- If you are currently on the 2021/2022 waitlist for Clover Garden School you will need to submit an application for the 2020/2021 school year as the waitlist does not carry over.
- Applications for the 2022/2023 school year will be accepted beginning January 4th, 2020.
- All Applications received between January 2nd, 2020 and March 4th, 2021 will be eligible for the Automated Lottery Drawing, March 5th, 2022 at 2:00 P.M. All results will be available immediately on the Lottereasewebpage. Lotterease will send an email with the lottery results as soon as the lottery is run. Please make sure you keep your email up-to-date as this is how you will be notified by Clover Garden School and Lotterease.
- Available student slots will be determined by the number of current students planning to return for the 2022-2023 school year. Enrollment will continue into the school year as spots become available.
- Applications submitted after March 6th, 2022 will be placed at the end of the waiting list for that grade level after the lottery and will not be part of the lottery process.
- Siblings of students currently attending Clover Garden School for an entire year are given priority sibling placement for the following year as space becomes available. Siblings of current students need to submit a 2022/2023 application before March 6th, 2022 to be considered for enrollment as space becomes available.
- A child must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2022 to enroll as a Kindergarten Student.
- If multiple birth siblings apply for admission to a charter school and a lottery is needed under G.S. 115C-238.29F(g)(6), the charter school shall enter one surname into the lottery to represent all of the multiple birth siblings. If that surname of the multiple birth siblings is selected, then all of the multiple birth siblings shall be admitted.
- KINDERGARTEN SIBLINGS OF RETURNING STUDENTS NEED TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND WILL BE PART OF A SIBLING LOTTERY FOR ENROLLMENT.
Returning Clover Garden Students
Returning Clover Garden Students need to submit a Letter of Intent to Re-Enroll by February 1st, 2022. The Letter of Intent to Re-Enroll will be sent home with report cards on Friday, January 10th, 2022. If you need an additional copy of the letter, please contact the school. Please inform the school as soon as possible if your student will not be returning for the 2022-2023 school year.