Clover Garden School is a tuition-free public school. Any child who is qualified under the laws of North Carolina for admission to a public school is qualified for admission to a charter school. To qualify to attend a NC public school, a student must be a resident of North Carolina. County boundaries or school attendance areas do not affect charter school enrollment. Clover Garden School does not limit admission to students on the basis of intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, disability, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion or ancestry. The school may give enrollment priority to siblings of currently enrolled students who were admitted to the school in a previous year. Refer to G.S. 115C-218.45.
Non-discrimination in Charter Schools
“A charter school shall not discriminate against any student on the basis of ethnicity, nation of origin, gender, or disability.” NC GS 115C-218.55
During each period of enrollment, CGS will accept applications for new students. Once enrolled, students are not required to enroll in subsequent enrollment periods. In order to properly plan, the school will routinely inquire with parents in early spring through letters of intent to ascertain if students will return to CGS the following year.
The enrollment period will begin January 2nd and ends March 3rd of 2023. During the enrollment period, the school shall enroll an eligible student who submits a fully completed application within this period, unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery will be held to fill vacant seats for the next school year. After seats are filled, the drawing will continue to determine the order of a waiting list. Current year waiting lists dissolve when the next enrollment period begins.
Lottery procedures will comply with the NC Open Meetings Laws provided in G.S. 143-318.10(a) by publicizing the date and location of the meeting as well as allowing anyone to attend.
Application Process for NEW Enrollment for 2023-2024 School Year
Application Process for Enrollment for 2023-2024 School Year
- A child must be five years old on or before August 31, 2023 to enroll as a Kindergarten student.
- Application forms must be completed online via Lotterease. The link to Lotterease is located on our school’s website. If you need help applying please stop by the school office and someone will help you place your application through the Lotterease program. No paper applications will be available.
- If you are currently on the 2022-2023 waitlist for Clover Garden School, you will need to apply for the 2023-2024 school year as the waitlist does not carry over.
- All Applications received between January 2nd, 2023 and March 3rd, 2023 will be eligible for the public lottery to be held March 6th, 2023 at 2 P.M. To follow along with the lottery process by Lotterease, please refer to the Clover Garden School website.
- Available student slots will be determined by the number of current students planning to return for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Applications received after March 6th, 2023 will be placed at the end of the waiting list after the lottery and will not be part of the lottery process.
- Siblings of students currently attending Clover Garden School for an entire year are given priority sibling placement for the following year as space becomes available, but must complete an online application in Lotterease.
- If multiple birth siblings apply for admission to a charter school and a lottery is needed under G.S. 115C-218.45(g)(2), the charter school shall enter one surname into the lottery to represent all of the multiple birth siblings. If that surname of the multiple birth siblings is selected, then all of the multiple birth siblings shall be admitted.
- Kindergarten siblings of returning students need to have an application submitted to be part of the sibling lottery for enrollment.