Happy Grandparents Day to our AMAZING Grizzly Grandparents! Thank you for supporting your Grizzly grandchildren and our school! #it’sgreattobeGRAND!
Don’t forget to check out our website at www.cgsnc.org and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cgsgrizzlies for updates!
Feedback Form FAQ 22-23
“Feedback Form” Submissions from week of 9/5:
Where will the kids eat when they move to the new high school, since there will not be a cafeteria?
- Great question! The students will come to the serving line to get their food as they are accustomed to now. It will look very similar to our kitchen set up currently. However, you are correct- there is not an official “cafeteria” where all students will eat at one time. During the designing process of the new building, an emphasis on the “college feel” and “freedom” were taken into account so our high school students will have the opportunity to eat in one of our common area spaces, have lunch outside in our courtyard, or eat traditionally in one of our classrooms. There will be multiple areas around campus to use to socialize and eat lunch with their peers safely and securely.
In the 9/5/22 weekly message, the movement of Miss Miller was announced. What is the plan for eight grade science? I am concerned with the potential use of a long term substitute, as it is not equal to a dedicated teacher. Can you share a timeline for a replacement with parents?
- We understand and too share your concerns. As with all of our current teaching vacancies, we are actively recruiting for our open positions. A timeline can’t be established at this time but our teaching vacancies are a top priority for our school as it is for many school districts across our state. We are encouraging our CGS families to help us recruit good educators as well. If you know of those in your community, churches, ball teams, families, etc. that may be interested in one of our positions, please send them to us. Many teachers in the public school districts have misinformation in regards to charter schools and state benefits which often makes them hesitant to apply. We would be happy to clarify this confusion, just send them to us! In the meantime, we will have a former science teacher subbing in the science classroom as much as possible to assist with the science content/lesson plans created by one of our current science teachers.
What is All American week? Has there been info sent out about it?
- Please see the information below!
When will the new school be finished?
- Projected completion date is JUNE 2023. We are currently “on schedule” but are working on “back up plans and logistics” just in case. Hopefully, we will have a mild winter that will not delay our construction!
If the school is doing fundraisers. Why were funds took from other departments throughout the school?
- Fundraisers are helpful but are not guaranteed sources of income. School budgets are projected based on planning allotments from our main source of NC State funds. Fundraising has the potential to provide supplemental funds to the organizations or clubs that sponsor them.
If you missed something or just need clarity on an event, etc. please fill out the form found here: https://forms.gle/L7oKFaRZUuiuh8JH7 This form will be monitored weekly and answers to frequently asked questions will be provided in the weekly Sunday message.
AMAZING Grizzly Heroes!
Please help us celebrate and SHOUT OUT our Amazing Grizzly Heroes recognized at CGS this week! These students are doing an AMAZING job of modeling our mission, vision, and values at CGS. They go above and beyond at CGS and we are VERY proud of them! Keep up the GREAT work!!
It was a very short week! We will announce more Grizzly Heroes next week! : )
Parents, thank you for your patience while we work hard to fill our current teaching vacancies at CGS. We are actively interviewing applicants and working hard to fill our openings as quickly as possible with the most qualified applicants. Thank you for patience while we work to fill our openings. If you know of someone that would be a fantastic fit for our CGS family, please send them to our website to apply at http://cgsnc.org/home/careers/.
Community Resources Survey- All about YOU!
Reminder to take the survey below to share information about you if you’re willing to share!
A copy of our 2022-2023 Testing Calendar is below.
We have gotten some preliminary information regarding our NC State Report Card results from last year but are waiting patiently until they update the website before sharing information.
We just completed our first round of benchmarks. Our Data team and teachers are analyzing that data and your students’ teacher(s) will share that data with you when available.
Please reach out to our testing coordinator, Ms. Robyn at email@example.com for any questions.
Fall Athletics has begun!! – For ALL CGS Grizzly Fans – ANYONE wanting game information who is interested in getting the CGS schedules can use the CGS Dragon Fly website by using this web address https://go.dragonflyathletics.com/sites/NCHSAA to view each teams schedule, coaches, rosters, purchase tickets and watch games remotely if schools have the NFHS Network.
Please contact our Athletic Director, Coach Paschal for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, September 12:
- 4:00- Middle School Boys Soccer HOME vs. River Mill (Springwood 3)
- 4:00- Varsity Men’s Soccer HOME vs. NCLA (Springwood 4)
- 4:30- Middle School Volleyball at NCLA
- 6:00- JV Volleyball at Alamance Acers (Bethel Baptist Church)
Tuesday, September 13: (Cookie Dough Fundraiser ENDS!)
- 4:30 Middle School Volleyball HOME vs. Cornerstone
- 4:00 Middle School Boys Soccer HOME vs. Cornerstone (Springwood 3)
- 4:30 Varsity Cross Country at River Mill (Cedar Rock Park)
- 6:00 Varsity Volleyball HOME vs. Southern Wake
Wednesday, September 14:
- 4:30- Varsity Men’s Soccer at Haw River Christian Academy
- 4:30- Middle School Cross Country Meet Chatham Charter, River Mill, Cornerstone at Lake Cammack (4:00 Walkthrough)
Thursday, September 15:
- 3:30- Middle School Boys Soccer at Southern Wake (Trinity Soccer Complex)
- 4:00 Middle School Cross Country at Haw River Christian Academy
- 4:00 High School Cross Country at Haw River Christian Academy
- 5:00- JV Volleyball at Hawbridge
- 5:30- Varsity Volleyball at Triangle Math & Science
Friday, September 16:
- 4:00 Middle School Volleyball HOME vs. Southern Wake
- 4:00 Varsity Men’s Soccer HOME vs. Bethany Community (Springwood 4)
- 5:00 JV Volleyball at Bethany Community
- 6:00 Varsity Volleyball at Bethany Community
Book Fair! 9/12-9/16
The Fall Scholastic Book Fair takes place next week!! It’s all set up in our library and ready for our students to visit. Please email our librarian, Mrs. Redd with any questions at email@example.com.
Please visit the online store at https://www.scholastic.com/bf/clovergardenschool to browse our online selection of books.
Introduction to eWalletplayers.brightcove.netScholastic Book Fairsbookfairs.scholastic.comIt starts with a choice: What do I want to read? And since being empowered to choose their own books is a milestone opportunity to identify and express their own voice, kids also leave the Book Fair as bolder, prouder, and stronger individuals.
All-American Week: 9/12-9/16
The CGS Student Council is sponsoring “All American Week” Sept 12th–Sept 16th to recognize Constitution Day, Citizenship Day, and 9/11 Remembrance Day.
Students will be participating in contests throughout the week in their classrooms via poems, essays, posters, sculptures, dance, etc.
Teachers will submit their top winner from each category within their class. Winners will receive prizes!
Items will be on display in the Breezeway and Commons Area Monday, Sept 19th–Sep 23rd
All classrooms are invited to decorate their doors by Monday, Sept. 12th. The classroom with the “Best Door” will receive a special surprise!We will have a school wide “All American Week” assembly on Friday, Sept 23rd, from 1:00-2:00pm, where the winners will be announced and our CGS Band and Dance Team will perform!
We are looking forward to some awesome displays of creativity from our amazing Grizzlies! On behalf of the CGS Student Council, we appreciate all of your support and participation in this year’s event.
CGS Student Council Sponsor
See flyer below for more information.
Great week of progress! This week on 9/7/22, we were able to celebrate our structural steel being placed with a “Steel Signing Ceremony” which was completed by some of our members of our Long Range Planning Committee (LRPC) alongside CT Wilson Construction. See their Facebook page for more photos!
See updates below:
- Continue erecting the structural steel, framing and cross braces
- Started rough in underground electrical
- Continue prepping to pour concrete floor slab
- Started rough in plumbing for roof drains
- Continue to pour curb and gutter
- Back-filling behind curb and gutter
- Continue with some maintenance on erosion control
Please see the photos below.