This is our last week until our first Academic Break! Our students and staff have been working very hard this past month and we hope that everyone takes some time to relax over break! Reminder that there will be NO SCHOOL 8/29- 9/5. Our school building will be closed as well.
REMINDER: We have a half day/early dismissal at NOON this Friday, August 26th.
This past week, we made some changes to our mass emailing system. If you are NOT receiving the weekly Sunday message, please email Mrs. Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org or myself to check and see if your email is correct in our system. Thank you for your patience!
Feedback Form FAQ 22-23
“Feedback Form” Submissions from week of 8/15:
Who is in charge of the PTT and how can I get in touch with them? I had a meeting down on my calendar for 8/15 (from the flyer sent home at the beginning of the year). I came to the school for the meeting and no one was there. I have searched the website and cannot find a way to get in touch with the PTT.
- We are sorry for this miscommunication! The 15th was the original date and it got changed. Our 1st PTT night will be tomorrow, Monday, August 22nd @ 6 P.M. in the cafe! Please come out and learn more about CGS and goals our PTT is setting this year. This will also give you a chance to meet our new officers and join a committee if you’re interested. We are excited to partner together this school year and excited to see you all tomorrow night.You’re welcome to contact our CGS PTT at anytime at email@example.com.
I would like to make a suggestion if it isn’t too much trouble. Could you please post the COVID policy/rules for students or student family members that test positive? Recently, a parent asked me the guidelines and after a long period of searching I found them on one of the first weekly emails for this year. It would be more user friendly if they were on the website under both the COVID-19 page at the top of the home page and the school nurse section of the webpage. This way parents are able to find the policy and follow the guidelines.
- Great suggestion! Please see the current CGS Covid-19 policy below. This will be reviewed with our CGS Health and Wellness Committee and updated at our next BOD meeting as the the CDC continues to update recommendations and guidance. We will also add this to our Covid-19 page on our website!
How are the COVID numbers at the school with the current spike in cases in our area?See photo below for our current Covid-19 numbers as of 8/9/22. We will continue to present these numbers at our monthly board meetings as well. If you have any specific Covid-19 questions, please contact our school nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you missed something or just need clarity on an event, etc. please fill out the form found here: https://forms.gle/L7oKFaRZUuiuh8JH7 This form will be monitored weekly and answers to frequently asked questions will be provided in the weekly Sunday message.
Covid-19 Metrics as of 8/9/22
CGS Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
Times News Reader’s Choice Voting ENDS August 31st!!
The Times News is running their competition for “BEST Charter School in Alamance County!” Clover Garden School has PROUDLY won this HONOR for the past 6 YEARS!! Help show Alamance County who is the BEST by voting for Clover Garden School as BEST CHARTER SCHOOL in ALAMANCE county for the 7th year in a row!
You can vote once per day EVERY day until the 31st!! It’s very easy and takes less than a minute to complete!
AMAZING Grizzly Heroes!
Please help us celebrate and SHOUT OUT our Amazing Grizzly Heroes recognized at CGS this week! These students are doing an AMAZING job of modeling our mission, vision, and values at CGS. They go above and beyond at CGS and we are VERY proud of them! Keep up the GREAT work!!
Parents, thank you for your patience while we work hard to fill our current teaching vacancies at CGS. We are actively interviewing applicants and working hard to fill our openings as quickly as possible with the most qualified applicants. Thank you for patience while we work to fill our openings. If you know of someone that would be a fantastic fit for our CGS family, please send them to our website to apply at http://cgsnc.org/home/careers/.
There have been a few updates to our staffing recently that we are excited to announce:
Mrs. Shelly Beelendorf- 2nd GradeMrs. Beelendorf is joining our CGS family as a 2nd grade teacher. She will be replacing Mrs. Chandler who is moving to fill our Elementary PE vacancy. Mrs. Beelendorf is excited to be our 2nd grade teacher for the remainder of the school year. She graduated from UNCG and this will be her 6th year teaching. She has a two-year-old son, Otto and a little girl on the way! In her free time she loves to snuggle up with a good book, go to concerts, travel, or just spend quality time with her family! She knows that changing teachers after the school year has already started is not ideal and it won’t be easy on the students, but she is going to do her best to keep things consistent and make it a smooth transition for everyone. She is a firm believer in building trusting relationships with both her students and families, so please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. You can reach her through email at email@example.com. She will start in the classroom on Monday, August 22nd.
Please see the September lunch menu below.
Please see the links below if you are in need of any assistance.
How to preorder lunches- https://intercom.help/myschoolaccount_help_center/en/articles/2330998-place-a-pre-order
Please see above for adding funds to your student account. Please make sure your account is no more than $50 in the negative. If your student’s account is more than $50 in the negative he/she will not be allowed to purchase a la carte items and charge them to their account.
Please reach out to Mrs. Quimby at firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of our 2022-2023 Testing Calendar will be released soon so be on the lookout for that!
Next week, 8/22-8/26, our students will be completing our first bench marking assessment through I-Ready. Please encourage your student(s) to take this assessment seriously as this is how we gauge how to differentiate our instruction based on your student’s independent and instructional reading/math levels.
Please reach out to our testing coordinator, Ms. Robyn at email@example.com for any questions.
Fall Athletics has begun!! – For ALL CGS Grizzly Fans – ANYONE wanting game information who is interested in getting the CGS schedules can use the CGS Dragon Fly website by using this web address https://go.dragonflyathletics.com/sites/NCHSAA to view each teams schedule, coaches, rosters, purchase tickets and watch games remotely if schools have the NFHS Network.
Please contact our Athletic Director, Coach Paschal for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, August 22:
- 4:30 Middle School Boys and Girls Cross Country at Eno River Academy (on campus)
- 5:00 Varsity Men’s and Women’s Cross Country at Eno River Academy (on campus)
Tuesday, August 23:
- 6:00 Varsity Women’s Volleyball at Eno River Academy
Wednesday, August 24:
- 4:30 Middle School Volleyball at Phoenix Academy
*To watch the game live follow this link- https://gofan.co/app/events/647481?schoolId=NC72489
- 4:55 Varsity Men’s and Women’s Cross Country City/County Meet Williams (Lake Mackintosh)
- 5:00 JV Volleyball at Graham High School
- 6:00 Varsity Volleyball at Graham High School
- 6:00 Varsity Men’s Soccer at Eno River Academy (Soccer.com Park)
Thursday, August 25: Cookie Dough Fundraiser Begins
- Order Forms and Information went out to students
- Cookie Dough Sale is Thursday, August 25- Tuesday, September 13th
- Delivery Date is October 12th
Friday, August 26: (Early Release & Team Picture Day)
- 4:00 Middle School Volleyball HOME vs. Burlington Christian Academy
- 5:00 JV Volleyball HOME vs. NC Leadership Academy
- 6:00 Varsity Volleyball HOME vs. NC Leadership Academy
Please email Mrs. Paylor at email@example.com for questions regarding technology.
Please use the email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding Canvas concerns.
We made a lot of progress this week! The school building skeleton has begun.
- Crane delivery and setup
- Started erecting structural steel!! Began 8/16/22
- Continue to pour more curb and gutter and adjust storm drainage structures on the driveways
- Started curb and gutter for parking lot islands
- Continue rough-in underground plumbing for bathrooms
- Unloaded roof insulation material
Please see the photos below.
|Curb and Gutter for parking lot islands||Erecting Steel||Roof installation material and structural steel|