We hope everyone is looking forward to our second academic break. There are a lot of updates and very important information for the month of October. Please make sure you read everything below. We are finishing our fall seasons and beginning basketball at the end of October!!
- Tuesday, Oct. 5 from 2:30-6:30 Volunteers are needed For our HOME MS/HS Cross Country Meet – Please consider signing up to help out at our ONLY HOME cross country meet of the year. We need over 20 volunteers to make this meet happen. You can email Coach Moyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up to volunteer through Mobile Serve. Mobile serve is the best way to sign up to volunteer throughout the year. It can be used on your computer or as an app on your phone. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
MS Meet Schedule
- 2:30-4:30 – volunteers needed and will go to their stations during the MS Meet
- 4:30-6:30 – volunteers will trade out or go to their stations during the HS Meet
3-4 people needed – Start/Finish line workers
4-6 people needed – Traffic/Parking Help
10 people needed – Course Helpers – making sure runners go the correct direction while running
- 3:00 – MS walk thru will take place
- 3:30 – MS Girls will run
- 4:00 – MS Boys will run
- 4:30 – HS walk thru will take place.
- 5:00 – HS Boys will run
- 5:30 – HS Girls will run
- 6:30 – Meet will end and clean-up will take place
- Wednesday, October 6 from 3:00-6:00 the Cookie Dough Fundraiser DELIVERY will take place – Remember Cookie Dough will be delivered on Wednesday, October 6 from 3:00-6:00 during our Academic Break. It is very important that you pick ALL orders up this day. We had the BEST sale EVERY and there are lots of orders. We will not be able to store these items for you. For more questions or information on pick-up, email the Athletic Booster Club President, Keith Roberts, at email@example.com
- This year’s sale was a huge success. We want to thank EVERYONE for who participated in this event. We sold over 1,021 orders!
- We will announce all our winners soon. We are still waiting on the final online order tally to complete this.
- Week of October 11-15 Volunteers are needed @ HOME Volleyball games We are still in need of volunteers for our last week of HOME volleyball games.. Some HOME volleyball games maybe scheduled at the last minute due to conference tournaments taking place.
- MS Volleyball will be competing in the conference tournament this week. If CGS is the higher seed in the first 2 rounds we could host games on Monday, Oct. 11 and/or Wednesday, Oct. 13 prior to the HS games. We are definitely hosting the MS Conference Championship Game on Oct. 15 starting @5pm.
- JV/Varsity Volleyball will be playing on October 11, 12, and 13 at HOME. Friday, October 15 we have the potential to host the 1st round of the conference tournament. This game will take place after the MS Championship game around 6:30.
- Please sign up through Mobile serve app or contact Coach Moyer with questions. Sign up to volunteer will be done through Mobile Serve. It can be used on your computer or as an app on your phone. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
- Monday, October 11Winter Sports Intent to Try-out From DUE – During this past year we have implemented the Intent to Try-out form. This has helped us gather important information from parents and student-athletes to inform them of upcoming mandatory events. If you are a rising 6th-12th grader and plan on trying out for a winter sport, you MUST fill this form out and send it back to Coach Moyer by Monday, October 11. This form may be completed via the google form listed here
OR use the attached Winter Sports Intent to Try-out Form and turn it in to Coach Moyer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a PDF file, faxed (336-586-9477) or dropped off in the security office.
- Tuesday, October 12is Dig Pink Night/Senior Night – Please come out and support CGS as we recognize ALL our Fall Sport Seniors. We have 12 seniors to honor. 6 volleyball players and 6 boys soccer players. We also are asking everyone to wear PINK in support of Little Pink Houses of Hope. All proceeds from our t-shirt, mask, bracelet, necklace, and ribbon sales will be donated to them. We will sell items on Oct. 11 and 12 during the school day as well as the games.
- Monday, October 18CGS Athletic Booster Club Meeting MONDAY, October 18 @ 8pm via Zoom– The next CGS athletic booster club meeting will be on Monday, October 18 starting at 8:00pm via zoom. Please email Coach Moyer at email@example.com if you would like to attend this meeting. She will email the zoom meeting invitation for you to attend.
- 1st Quarter Eligibility Check – Report cards will be distributed October 22. I will be checking eligibility for all fall and incoming winter student-athletes. Please remember you must pass the equivalency of 3 block classes in order to be eligible to participate in Quarter 2. If deemed ineligible, fall student-athletes will no longer be able to participate and winter student-athletes will not be permitted to try-out for basketball. I will be letting students and parents know if this is the case. I hope that everyone is prioritizing academics 1st!
- Watch CGS Volleyball and Basketball LIVE!!! All middle school, JV and varsity HOME volleyball games are live streamed. If you are unable to come to the game or If you have family or friends from out of state that would like to watch your child play you can watch them on the NFHS Network. You can watch the games live or go back and watch the recorded game. To subscribe please log into www.nfhsnetwork.com You will first need to create an account if you do not have on already. You will have the option to subscribe to a monthly or yearly subscription. Once you have subscribed, you will type Clover Garden in the search bar. Here you will find our school site. Below you will be able to pull up the live game or go back and watch any game from the past. When you subscribe, CGS Athletics does get a small portion donated back to our athletic fund.
- FALL Sports COVID Guidelines as of September 29, 2021. We will have a few COVID Guidelines and Protocols for Home Events. You will be asked to follow these if you attend a home game.
Volleyball – Plays on CGS campus
- – All Games will be live streamed via NFHS Network.
- – Teams may enter the gym no earlier than 1 hour prior to the first scheduled game.
- – Admission gate will open 30 minutes prior to the first scheduled game. The price for admission is $5.00 adults, $3.00 students/senior citizens. Cash will be collected.
- – There is no spectator limits at this time. We ask that people practice social distancing as much as they can.
- – Masks are required for everyone who enters the building- spectators, game volunteers, coaches and student-athletes.
- – Teams will NOT switch benches during the game. They will use the same bench for all games played.
- – No end of game handshakes. Wave from your bench area for a “Thank You and Good Game”.
- – Locker rooms will not be available. Please make sure your student-athletes come dressed in their uniform.
- – Water coolers will not be available. Student-athletes must bring their own water bottles. Touchless water fountains are available in the gym lobby.
- – Concession Stand will be open to purchase water, Gatorade, soda’s and packaged snacks.
Soccer – Plays off campus
- – Masks are optional
- – No changing facilities available except for bathrooms. Please make sure student-athletes come dressed in their uniforms.
- – Water coolers will not be available. Visiting teams must supply their own water to their Student-athletes.
- – There is no concession stand available.
- – There is no admission gate. Games will be free of charge.
*****Please remember each school has their own protocols and may be different than ours. As you know these could change on a daily basis. Updates will be sent out as we get them.
10. COVID Information as it relates to our student-athletes – As most of you know, Covid-19 infiltrated our athletics program this past month and quickly placed a group of our students in quarantine. Coaches are doing their best in reminding our student-athletes of the importance of mask-wearing correctly and at all times when indoors. This includes the car/bus rides. Wearing their masks consistently and adequately helps keep them from being quarantined and continuing our sports schedules! Please remember, if a student-athlete has been vaccinated, they will not have to be quarantined as long as they were only a close contact or are NOT showing COVID signs and symptoms. If your student is vaccinated, please reach out to Mrs. Cox to add a copy of their vaccination card to their student medical records for reference in the case that they are identified as a close contact to a positive Covid-19 case.
– Due to the increasing Covid-19 numbers and concern for the winter months ahead, CGS has decided to begin Covid-19 testing on site. This testing option is voluntary for our CGS families but is another step in helping to keep our students on campus. This could include our sports programs. We will be releasing additional details in regards to what “Covid-19 testing” will look like at CGS. We are looking to try and add extra layers of protection and mitigation strategies as we can to keep our students on campus and keep them healthy. We appreciate your continued diligence in keeping your student out of school and at home if they are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19. If you have been exposed to Covid-19 and/or your student is a close contact, please do not WAIT to contact the school. That puts other students in danger if we are not able to complete our contact tracing in a timely manner and remove students from the classroom before potential spread of the virus.
- Don’t forget to Register for Team App where you will get updated information on CGS athletics. All our schedules and news feeds can be found here. This is free to register and it will give you a daily schedule of all events as well as an individual schedule for each sport. It can be used on your computer or as an app on your phone. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
- Coaching Openings – We are in need of some Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches for the Winter Season. Please see the list below and email Coach Moyer if you or someone you know would be interested.
- Assistant Coach for JV Boys Basketball
- Assistant Coach for MS Baseball
- Assistant Coach for Varsity Baseball