We are looking forward to seeing all of our students back on campus tomorrow. Tuesday was FANTASTIC and we hope that everyone in MS/HS had a great 1st day back!
Tomorrow is Thursday which means it’s a “B Day” which is a repeat of Tuesday’s schedule. 1st, 4th, and 6th periods.
Friday’s schedule is an “A Day” which is 2nd, 3rd, and 5th block courses. Hard print copies of student schedules will be available in all MS/HS students’ 2nd block course for them to refer to during the day to ensure they are headed to the right class.
Below are a few updates/reminders to help tomorrow continue to run smoothly. Thank you for your continued patience, flexibility and understanding as we continue working to make in-person and virtual learning a success for all of our students.
Traffic and Car Lines:
- All CGS Families, Please put a white sheet of paper or cardstock on your dashboard in plain view. This sheet of paper needs to have your student’s first and last name, grade, and homeroom teacher listed on the paper. Keep this paper in your console or glove box so that it’s easily assessable for you. This makes our car line run faster if we can see the names of our students and can type them directly into the form we use for dismissal. Make sure that you write in dark, black ink so it’s easily visible from a few feet away.
- K-5 Drop off/Arrival will be from 7:30 A.M. until 8:00 A.M.
- *older siblings of students in K-5 CAN be dropped off on either side (K-2 Car Line/3-12 Car Line) as early as 7:30 A.M. This exception only applies to families with MULTIPLE CHILDREN or families that Carpool with elementary students.
- MS students that arrive before 8:00 A.M. will go straight to the Gym. HS students that arrive before 8:00 A.M. will go straight to the cafeteria. Students will be required to social distance and sit quietly until 8:00 A.M. when students will be released to go to their designated classroom.
- MS/HS Drop off/Arrival will be from 8:00 A.M. until 8:30 A.M.
- MS/HS students that do not have younger siblings in Grades K-5 can not be dropped off earlier than 8:00 A.M. Upon arrival, students will go straight to their assigned class for the day based on the A Day/B Day schedule. Elementary Students dropped off after 8:00 A.M. will be considered “tardy”.
- K-5 Pick Up/Dismissal will be from 2:30 P.M. until 3:00 P.M.
- All students in K-2 will be picked up in the K-2 Car Rider Line. Any students in 3rd-5th grade that have younger siblings in K-2 will also be picked up in the K-2 Car Rider Line. All other 3rd-5th grade students will be picked up in the 3-12 Car Rider Line.
- MS/HS Pick Up will be from 3:00 P.M.- 3:30 P.M.
- All MS/HS students will be picked up in the 3-12 Car Rider Line from 3:00 P.M. until 3:30 P.M.
- *younger siblings of students in MS/HS CAN be picked up in the 3-12 Car Rider Line when MS/HS students release at 3:00 P.M.. This exception only applies to families with MULTIPLE CHILDREN or families that Carpool.
Any remaining students that are not picked up by 3:30 P.M. will go to afterschool and will incur an afterschool fee.
Middle School and High School students will NOT be released prior to 3:00 P.M. so please do not come to the car line if you have MS/HS students until 3:00 P.M. If you arrive early, we will have you park in a designated area in the back while you wait until the 3:00 P.M. dismissal bell.
- Student Drivers, we are making one change to our current system. You will NOT park in the designated spot you were given on Tuesday. In order to expedite our dismissal process and ensure safety, we are moving your parking spots to the overflow parking lot facing the outdoor playground. When you come in tomorrow morning, stay to the right of the cones as if you were going through the K-2 Car Line when you enter from Burch Bridge Road. You will park in the parking spaces on the right side. If you have any questions about where to park, simply ask one of our staff members in orange vests in the back and they will guide you to the correct area.
- Sophomores, you may now drive to campus. Make sure that you have filled out the paper work found here ASAP. Once you are on campus you will need to go to Mrs. Cox’s desk located in the Commons area to receive your hang tag and register your vehicle on campus.
- Any student vehicles NOT registered with Mrs. Cox by Friday afternoon will NOT have the opportunity to park on campus. Make sure that you fill out the paperwork in the link above or see Mrs. Cox for assistance.
Student Drivers Dismissal Procedures:
- Student drivers will be allowed to exit out building three’s exit by the gym when the bell rings at 3:00 P.M. You will need to follow the sidewalk to the left to your vehicle. You will be exiting through the K-2 Car line. If you have a sibling that you are taking home, they will be waiting for you at Cones 1-6 on the K-2 Car Rider line side. You do not need to go get them, they will be waiting for you to pick them up once you’re in your car and come through the line.
- If you do not have siblings, you will need to wait patiently in the exit line until the cars in front of you move. DO NOT PASS in the car line just because you don’t have a sibling or because you’ve already picked your sibling up. You must be patient and we will get you off campus as soon as we can safely.
- Our attendance procedures have changed slightly since returning for in-person learning. If your student is working remotely, they must check in with all of their teachers of courses scheduled for that day, not just homeroom teachers. This is the same process we will follow on Wednesdays. M/W/F- students are checking in and completing attendance assignments for all block courses, on Tu/Th- students are checking in and completing attendance assignments for all period courses. This must be done DAILY by 3:30 P.M. for those working remotely.