We are already in August, can you believe it? We’ve gotten off to a fantastic school year so far! Parents, thank you so much for making attendance a priority for your student and ensuring they are on campus each and every day to learn.
Don’t forget to check out our website at www.cgsnc.org and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cgsgrizzlies for updates!
Feedback Form FAQ 22-23
“Feedback Form” Submissions from week of 8/1:
No responses were submitted.
If you missed something or just need clarity on an event, etc. please fill out the form found here: https://forms.gle/L7oKFaRZUuiuh8JH7 This form will be monitored weekly and answers to frequently asked questions will be provided in the weekly Sunday message.
Please be on time!
Please remember that tardies are starting to add up for our students. Please make sure your child is at school on time each and every day. Please see our Student/Parent Handbook located in the Parent’s Corner of Canvas to view consequences for tardies. Every minute counts! Please be on time and set good habits for your students.
Beginning of Grade 3 Reading Assessment
All 3rd grade students will be taking the BOG3 reading assessment on Tuesday, 8/9. Please make sure your student is well rested, eats a good breakfast, and are on time and ready to go on Tuesday. Good luck!
Open House Feedback Survey
We want to hear our community’s thoughts on our First Day/Open House. Please take a
moment to complete this Google Form and share your thoughts. https://forms.gle/PXi7A4vMyRt4yykt7
Car Rider Line
Parents on our K-2 Car Rider Line, thank you for your patience as we work to improve the drop off/pick up times. Here are a few reminders to help our car rider line run quickly and safely:
- At NO time should you be passing the cars in front of you. Once your student is loaded safely into your car, please wait patiently for the line to move in front of you before pulling off.
- Please put your student’s car seat in on the driver’s side if possible to help eliminate the student from having to walk around the car to enter from the opposite side in the road.
- We will stay in 2 lines/doubled up prior to dismissal to help keep our traffic off of Burch Bridge Road. We like to keep our neighbors happy! : ) Please pull up as closely as you can behind the car in front of you to help us get as many cars into the parking lot as possible and off of the main road.
- Once dismissal begins, we will load approx. the first 24 cars and then work to “merge” into one line that pulls up against the sidewalk. Your student will be waiting at their cone. Please takes turns ALTERNATING between one line and then the next. This will help our Cone Numbering System align correctly. Stay in order. Think of the “Chic Fil-A drive through line”. Merging will begin once you reach the top of the hill. We will have cones eliminating room for 2 lines and this will help you merge into one line so that you can pull up to the sidewalk once our buses have released.
Parents, thank you for your patience while we work hard to fill our current teaching vacancies at CGS. We are actively interviewing applicants and working hard to fill our openings as quickly as possible with the most qualified applicants. Thank you for patience while we work to fill our openings. If you know of someone that would be a fantastic fit for our CGS family, please send them to our website to apply at http://cgsnc.org/home/careers/.
There have been a few changes/updates to our staffing recently that we are excited to announce:
|Mrs. Chandler (current 2nd grade teacher) will be moving into our vacant Elementary PE position. Mrs. Chandler is very excited about this career change and we are looking forward to the education she will bring our students in grades K-5 in regards to physical education. She will step into this new position beginning after our August break||Mrs. Paschal (Coach Paschal)Mrs. Paschal (current Middle/HS Social Studies Teacher) will be moving into our vacant Athletic Director position. She is very excited about this career change and comes to us with 12 years of coaching and recruiting experience in Volleyball and Softball. During that time, one of the teams she coached was a college prospect softball team for four years. Mrs. Paschal was a collegiate athlete and played softball for Averett University. She was one of the first athletes at Averett to be NFCA All American and Academic all American in the same year. She also led the nation in batting average in 2015. Check out her history here https://averettcougars.com/sports/softball/roster/taylor-dix/3759. Mrs. Paschal will be spending the next 2 weeks shadowing/training with Coach Moyer and learning the “behind the scenes” information about our athletics program. She is working hard to ensure the transition from Coach Moyer’s resignation goes smoothly for our student athletes and their families. Mrs. Paschal is thankful for this opportunity and is looking forward to serving our students with her two biggest passions: Education and Sports. We are excited about Mrs. Paschal and this positive change for our CGS community. Coach Paschal will move into this position effective August 22nd.|
Color Run sponsored by Athletics!
Please email Mrs. Paylor at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding technology.
Please use the email email@example.com for questions regarding Canvas concerns.
Please see the photos below for expansion updates from the past week.
- Continuing Curb and Gutter
- Continuing Mulch chipping
- Installing lighting sleeves for parking lot
- Started underground plumbing
- Poured concrete footing for front courtyard wall
- Well testing and sampling