Hello and welcome to the 2022-23 CGS Athletic Season!! Fall sports will begin in the next 2 weeks and there are requirements that need to be taken care of. Please see the reminders below as well as some NEW things. I look forward to seeing you all very soon. Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
1. FALL Sports Intent to Try-Out Form – DUE MONDAY, JULY 18 – For rising 6th -12th Graders. We will continue to use the Intent to Try-out form. This has helped us gather important information from parents and student-athletes to inform them of upcoming mandatory events. If you are a rising 6th-12th grader and plan on trying out for a fall sport, you MUST fill this form out and send it back to Coach Moyer by Monday, July 18, 2022. This form may be completed via the google form listed here OR use the attached Fall Sports Intent to Try-out Form and turn it in to Coach Moyer via email (email@example.com) in a PDF file, faxed (336-586-9477) or dropped off in the security office.
2. Dragon Fly App/Website – This is a NEW program that the NCHSAA has switched to in order to keep a uniform location for all schools to hold coach and player eligibility and team schedules. This new program also gives coaches and athletic directors the ability to communicate with parents/students/teams. Dragon Fly will also digitize most required documents for athletes and coaches to participate in sports at CGS.
– Please see the attached document and go to the web site to help you understand the website and app as well as register. Click on the parent courses as his will help guide you through how to sign up and navigate the app. You will need to upload all mandatory forms that are required to be fill out. Once you register your son or daughter, I will need to accept the membership.
– ANYONE who is interested in getting the CGS schedules can use CGS Dragon Fly website by using this web address to view each teams schedule, coaches, rosters, purchase tickets and watch games remotely if schools have the NFHS Network.
– I am still learning the website myself so we will learn how to navigate the programs together.
3. FastMed Sports Physicals – From NCHSAA – If your students can’t secure an appointment with their primary care physician for a NCHSAA sports physical, FastMed is an option and gives a discount! Go to their web site and print out the coupon. The NCHSAA physical is attached for you to take with you.
4. Very Important Dates Document – I have attached this form to give you ALL Important athletic dates for the entire 2022 – 2023 school year separating out the fall, winter and spring seasons. This allows you to plan ahead and mark your calendars for mandatory meetings, season start dates, awards nights, etc. Please note the fall season mandatory meeting dates. Remember a Parent AND Student-Athlete MUST attend the mandatory meeting in order to be eligible to try-out. If you do not attend, the student cannot play that season. If you are undecided, I suggest coming to the meeting and then make the decision after that.
5. Helpers needed – Volunteers are needed at ALL home volleyball games. We will need a few volunteers each night there is a MS, JV or Varsity Volleyball home game to help with admissions table, concession stand and scoreboard. In order to volunteer we ask that you sign-up through Mobile Serve. These games will be posted on Mobile Serve on a weekly basis. Please register through the Mobile serve app or contact Coach Moyer with questions. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
6. Booster Sponsorship Program – The booster club is looking for business to help with our sponsorship program to help support the CGS athletic department. They have updated the program from last year. They are asking for the parents to help. If you sell a sponsorship program, you will get to give 25% towards the sport of your choice. I attached the NEW sponsorship program document for you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact one of your athletic booster club board members.
- TE Saunders (President) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Whitt (Vice President) – email@example.com
- Ashley Bristow (Treasurer) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Whitt (Secretary) – email@example.com
- Karen Canup (Fundraiser Coordinator) – firstname.lastname@example.org