Happy 4th of July!! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer break!! I cannot believe June is over!! That means 4 weeks before we begin the fall season!! Please see all the important news and updates below for the month of July before we come back to school.
CGS ATHLETIC NEWS
1. Very Important UPDATES on Changes to the CGS Athletic Department for the 2022-23 School Year – In order to accommodate the additional funding that Clover Garden will need for the new school building, they are needing to make some cuts in different areas over the next couple of years, and this will include the CGS athletic department. The Athletic Booster Club and the Athletic Department will need your help as parents to get us through a challenging time. Please see the attached messages the Athletic Department and Booster Club sent out to our Student-Athletes and parent on June 20.
2. Next Year – FALL Sports Intent to Try-Out Form – For rising 6th -12th Graders. We will continue to use the Intent to Try-out form. This has helped us gather important information from parents and student-athletes to inform them of upcoming mandatory events. If you are a rising 6th-12th grader and plan on trying out for a fall sport, you MUST fill this form out and send it back to Coach Moyer by Monday, July 18, 2022. This form may be completed via the google form listed here OR use the attached Fall Sports Intent to Try-out Form and turn it in to Coach Moyer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a PDF file, faxed (336-586-9477) or dropped off in the security office.
– Cross Country July Workouts are attached. Heat acclimation is very important for our outside sports. One of our Cross Country Coach, Laura Bradford, would love to see the cross country runners begin working out. She has designed a workout plan for you to do at home. ANY CGS student-athlete who is in 6th-12th grade could do this as well to help prepare for the Fall Season.
3. FastMed Sports Physicals – From NCHSAA – If your students can’t secure an appointment with their primary care physician for a NCHSAA sports physical, FastMed is an option and gives a discount! Go to their website and print out the coupon. The NCHSAA physical is attached for you to take with you.
4. Very Important Dates Document – I have attached this form to give you ALL Important athletic dates for the entire 2022-23 school year separating out the fall, winter, and spring seasons. This allows you to plan ahead and mark your calendars for mandatory meetings, season start dates, awards nights, etc. Please note the fall season dates as they will be here sooner than you realize.
5. CGS Coaching Positions Open – WE need your help! There are head and assistant coaching opportunities available for this coming year. We MUST fill these coaching positions to have the teams. If you or anyone you know would be interested in one of the following coaching positions, contact Coach Moyer ASAP as all our coaches need to be certified.
- Varsity Boys/Girls XC Coach – 1 coach needed
- MS/JV/Varsity Volleyball – 3-4 Coaches needed
- MS Girls Basketball Assistant Coach – 1 coach needed
- MS Boys Basketball Assistant Coach – 1 coach needed
- MS Co-Ed Tennis Head Coach – 1 coach needed
6. CGS March Athletic Booster Club Meeting on Wednesday, July 12 @ 7:00pm @ CGS – The next CGS athletic booster club meeting will be on Wednesday, July 12 starting at 7:00pm at CGS in the Cafeteria.
7. Booster Club Mission Statement – The CGS Athletic Boosters has been working very hard for the CGS athletic department over the past month to begin preparing for the 2022-23 school year. They wanted to share their NEW mission statement below. Your participation in the CGS Athletic Booster Club helps support this mission.
“CGS Athletic Booster Club Mission is to support the total development of our student-athletes so that they realize their full potential in athletics and in the classroom. We do this by promoting a positive culture and environment that gives our student-athletes, coaches, support staff, parents and wonderful volunteers the best possible opportunity to represent Clover Garden School in a way that promotes sportsmanship, team growth, athletic and academic excellence and school spirit.”
- TE Saunders (President) – email@example.com
- Ben Whitt (Vice President) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Bristow (Treasurer) – email@example.com
- Jennifer Whitt (Secretary) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Canup (Fundraiser Coordinator) – email@example.com