We hope that everyone had a restful, relaxing, and fun Thanksgiving holiday! We only have 3 short weeks left of this semester before we close out the year and start again in January. This is the time to make sure your student is completing their work on time and are caught up on all assignments. For middle and high school students, there will be midterms and final exams coming up and all work needs to be completed and turned in ASAP so that they do not fall behind this close to the end of the semester.
Please see the attachment for the Covid-19 metrics.
Here’s a quick glance at the week:
Tuesday, November 30
4:30 JV Boys Basketball @ Bethany Community
6:00 Varsity Girls Basketball @ Bethany Community
7:30 Varsity Boys Basketball @ Bethany Community
Wednesday, December 1
4:30 MS Girls Basketball @ NC Leadership Academy
5:30 MS Boys Basketball @ NC Leadership Academy
4:30 JV Boys Basketball HOME vs. Haw River Christian Academy – LIVE STREAM NFHS NETWORK
6:00 Varsity Girls Basketball HOME vs. NC Leadership Academy – LIVE STREAM NFHS NETWORK
7:30 Varsity Boys Basketball HOME vs. NC Leadership Academy – LIVE STREAM NFHS NETWORK
Thursday, December 2
- Chorus Concert @ 6:30 P.M.
Friday, December 3
4:00 MS Girls Basketball HOME vs. Phoenix Academy – LIVE STREAM NFHS NETWORK
5:15 MS Boys Basketball HOME vs. Phoenix Academy – LIVE STREAM NFHS NETWORK
6:00 JV Boys Basketball @ Phoenix Academy
5:30 Varsity Girls Basketball @ Cornerstone Charter – LIVE STREAM NFHS NETWORK
7:00 Varsity Boys Basketball @ Cornerstone Charter – LIVE STREAM NFHS NETWORK
**** Cornerstone is Pre Selling Tickets for the Varsity Girls and Boys Basketball Games. $6.00 for everyone. See Coach Moyer
- Band performing in the Mebane Christmas Parade
Saturday, December 4th
- Band performing in the Graham Christmas Parade
- Please see the updated testing calendar attached.
- Don’t forget to log your volunteer hours with Mobile Serve.
- Attendance is imperative to a successful academic career for our students! Please see the attachments that have simple reminders about how IMPORTANT being at school is each and every day is! Shout out to our classes that have already won the award for BEST attendance for the months of August, September and October. Keep up the great work!!
Car Rider Line in the Mornings:
- Please make sure that your students are ready in the morning car lines. Please have students ready to put on their backpacks and coats and ready to exit their vehicles quickly in the morning. This helps our car line run more quickly and efficiently!
- CGS was awarded a grant recently that will allow for CGS to hire a full-time school nurse! We are very excited about this opportunity. We have recently started construction to our front mailroom in building one to house the new nurse and nursing assistant. Our students and faculty/staff will benefit greatly from this addition! We are hoping to begin Covid-19 testing and have our nurse in place by our return to campus in January.
High School Drivers:
- Parents, please remind your high school student drivers that are exiting our K-2 car rider line that they need to SLOW down when exiting campus in the afternoon. We try and give our students that aren’t picking up siblings priority when exiting in the afternoons but recently we’ve had students driving TOO fast exiting that side of the car rider line. This is dangerous. Thanks for your help in reminding your students about driving on campus appropriately.