We hope everyone had a great academic break. Our next one will be hear before we know it. Please review important information below that is related to the fall and winter seasons.
- Watch CGS Volleyball and Basketball LIVE!!! All middle school, JV and varsity HOME volleyball games are live streamed. If you are unable to come to the game or If you have family or friends from out of state that would like to watch your child play you can watch them on the NFHS Network. You can watch the games live or go back and watch the recorded game. To subscribe please log into www.nfhsnetwork.com You will first need to create an account if you do not have on already. You will have the option to subscribe to a monthly or yearly subscription. Once you have subscribed, you will type Clover Garden in the search bar. Here you will find our school site. Below you will be able to pull up the live game or go back and watch any game from the past. When you subscribe, CGS Athletics does get a small portion donated back to our athletic fund.
- Don’t forget to Register for Team App where you will get updated information on CGS athletics. All our schedules and news feeds can be found here. This is free to register and it will give you a daily schedule of all events as well as an individual schedule for each sport. It can be used on your computer or as an app on your phone. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
- Volunteers are needed for all HOME Middle School/JV/Varsity Volleyball Games and our HOME Cross Country Meet– Please consider volunteering at the home volleyball games in the concession stand and/or the admission gate. The concession stand will be selling packaged snacks and bottled drinks and we will be charging spectators admission this year – $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students and senior citizens. Sign up to volunteer will be done through Mobile Serve. It can be used on your computer or as an app on your phone. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
****We still need volunteers for HOME volleyball games on 9/13, 9/28 and 9/29.
**** I will also need lots of volunteers to help run the MS & HS HOME Cross Country meet on Tuesday, October 5 over our Academic Break. Please consider helping with this meet.
- FALL Sports COVID Guidelines as of September 7, 2021.We will have a few COVID Guidelines and Protocols for Home Events. You will be asked to follow these if you attend a home game.
Volleyball – Plays on CGS campus
- – All Games will be live streamed via NFHS Network.
- – Teams may enter the gym no earlier than 1 hour prior to the first scheduled game.
- – Admission gate will open 30 minutes prior to the first scheduled game. The price for admission is $5.00 adults, $3.00 students/senior citizens. Cash will be collected.
- – There is no spectator limits at this time. We ask that people practice social distancing as much as they can.
- – Masks are required for everyone who enters the building- spectators, game volunteers, coaches and student-athletes.
- – Teams will NOT switch benches during the game. They will use the same bench for all games played.
- – No end of game handshakes. Wave from your bench area for a “Thank You and Good Game”.
- – Locker rooms will not be available. Please make sure your student-athletes come dressed in their uniform.
- – Water coolers will not be available. Student-athletes must bring their own water bottles. Touchless water fountains are available in the gym lobby.
- – Concession Stand will be open to purchase water, Gatorade, soda’s and packaged snacks.
Soccer – Plays off campus
- – Masks are optional
- – No changing facilities available except for bathrooms. Please make sure student-athletes come dressed in their uniforms.
- – Water coolers will not be available. Visiting teams must supply their own water to their Student-athletes.
- – There is no concession stand available.
- – There is no admission gate. Games will be free of charge.
*****Please remember each school has their own protocols and may be different than ours. As you know these could change on a daily basis. Updates will be sent out as we get them.
- The CGS Athletic Booster Club Annual Cookie Dough Fundraiser began on Thursday, August 26 and will finish on Tuesday, September 14. Packets were sent home on Wednesday, August 25 to all our CGS students. Please make sure all order forms and money is turned into your child’s homeroom teacher no later than Tuesday, September 14. Remember Cookie Dough will be delivered on Wednesday, October 6 from 3:00-6:00 during our Academic Break. For more information on pick-up, email the Athletic Booster Club President, Keith Roberts.
- CGS Athletic Booster Club Meeting – The next CGS athletic booster club meeting will be on Tuesday, September 14 starting at 5:30 in the CGS cafeteria. Please come out and help us as we work on expansion of outside athletic fields.
- Winter Sports Intent to Try-out From – During this past year we have implemented the Intent to Try-out form. This has helped us gather important information from parents and student-athletes to inform them of upcoming mandatory events. If you are a rising 6th-12th grader and plan on trying out for a winter sport, you MUST fill this form out and send it back to Coach Moyer by Monday, October 11. This form may be completed via this google form OR use the attached Winter Sports Intent to Try-out Form and turn it in to Coach Moyer via email in a PDF file, faxed (336-586-9477) or dropped off in the security office.
- Coaching Openings – We are in need of some Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches for the Winter Season. Please see the list below and email me know if you or someone you know would be interested.
- – Head Coach for MS Boys Basketball
- – Assistant Coach for JV Boys Basketball
If you have any questions please reach out to Kelly Moyer.