August CGS Athletic Newsletter:
I hope everyone is off to a great start to the 2021-22 school year. Middle school and high school fall sports have begun their seasons. We wish all of our student-athletes and coaches the best of luck! Below you will see important information about the fall season and events for the month.
1. Watch CGS Volleyball LIVE!!! All middle school, JV, and varsity HOME volleyball games will be live-streamed. If you are unable to come to the game or If you have family or friends from out of state that would like to watch your child play you can watch them on the NFHS Network. You can watch the games live or go back and watch the recorded game. To subscribe please log in to www.nfhsnetwork.com You will first need to create an account if you do not have one already. You will have the option to subscribe to a monthly or yearly subscription. Once you have subscribed, you will type Clover Garden in the search bar. Here you will find our school site. Below you will be able to pull up the live game or go back and watch any game from the past. When you subscribe, CGS Athletics does get a small portion donated back to our athletic fund.
2. Team App is where you will get updated information on CGS athletics. All our schedules and news feeds can be found here. This is free to register and it will give you a daily schedule of all events as well as an individual schedule for each sport. It can be used on your computer or as an app on your phone. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
3. Volunteers will be needed for all HOME Middle School/JV/Varsity Volleyball Games – Please consider volunteering at the home volleyball games in the concession stand and/or the admission gate. The concession stand will be selling packaged snacks and bottled drinks and we will be charging spectators admission this year – $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students and senior citizens. Sign up to volunteer will be done through Mobile Serve. It can be used on your computer or as an app on your phone. I have attached the Brochure for directions on how to sign up.
4. FALL Sports COVID Guidelines as of August 13, 2021. We will have a few COVID Guidelines and Protocols for Home Events. You will be asked to follow these if you attend a home game.
Volleyball – Plays on CGS campus
– All Games will be live-streamed via NFHS Network.
– Teams may enter the gym no earlier than 1 hour prior to the first scheduled game.
– Admission gate will open 30 minutes prior to the first scheduled game. The price for admission is $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for students/senior citizens. Cash will be collected.
– There are no spectator limits at this time. We ask that people practice social distancing as much as they can.
– Masks are required for everyone who enters the building- spectators, game volunteers, coaches, and student-athletes.
Exception Includes – Referees and the 6 players on the court during the game do NOT have to wear a mask.
– Teams will NOT switch benches during the game. They will use the same bench for all games played.
– No end of game handshakes. Wave from your bench area for a “Thank You and Good Game”.
– Locker rooms will not be available. Please make sure your student-athletes come dressed in their uniform.
– Water coolers will not be available. Student-athletes must bring their own water bottles. Touchless water fountains are available in the gym lobby.
– Concession Stand will be open to purchase water, Gatorade, sodas, and packaged snacks.
Soccer – Plays off campus
– Masks are optional
– No changing facilities are available except for bathrooms. Please make sure student-athletes come dressed in their uniforms.
– Water coolers will not be available. Visiting teams must supply their own water to their Student-athletes.
– There is no concession stand available.
– There is no admission gate. Games will be free of charge.
*****Please remember each school has its own protocols and may be different than ours. As you know these could change on a daily basis. Updates will be sent out as we get them.
5. The CGS Athletic Booster Club Annual Cookie Dough Fundraiser will begin on Thursday, August 26 – Tuesday, September 14. We will be sending home packets on Wednesday, August 25 to all our CGS students. You will be able to complete orders via paper or online this year. More information will be coming out.
6. CGS Athletic Booster Club Meeting – They had their August meeting this past week on August 11. They were very glad to see some parents in attendance. They are hoping to continue to add to those numbers. They discussed updates with the new committees that have formed to help with the expansion of a cross country course, softball, soccer, and baseball fields as well as advertisement/sponsorship opportunities. Please consider coming out and volunteer your time. The next CGS athletic booster club meeting will be on Tuesday, September 14 starting at 5:30 in the CGS cafeteria.
Please reach to the Athletic Director, Kelly Moyer, if you have any questions.