Fall Sports Intent to Try-Out Form DUE Date EXTENDED: Friday, July 23
Please see the previous post below and remember that the new deadline is Friday, July 23rd.
This is just a reminder that the Fall Sports Intent to Try-Out Form is Due THIS Monday, July 19. This form MUST be filled out and turned in to Coach Moyer by this date if you plan on trying out for a Fall Sport. Please review the July Athletic Newsletter and documents that pertain to this opportunity below.
As of right now we are low on numbers for some of our fall sports. You can see these numbers below as well as the number we need to have the team. Please spread the word to anyone that would be interested in trying out that has not signed up.
- – JV/Varsity Volleyball = 14 signed up. This is enough for a varsity team. We need 20 signed up to have a JV and a Varsity team.
- – MS Volleyball = 15 signed up. We have enough to field a team.
- – Varsity Boys Soccer = 15 signed up. We have enough to field a team.
- – MS Boys Soccer = 10 signed up. We will need 15 signed up to have a team.
- – Varsity Cross Country = 4 signed up. We can run as individuals with this number.
- – MS Cross Country = 7 signed up. We can run as individuals with this number.
- – Varsity Girls Tennis = 1 signed up. We will need 6 signed up to have a team.
July CGS Athletic Newsletter: Sent Sunday, July 11, 2021
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!! The CGS Fall Athletics is getting ready to begin their fall season. Please read the important information below that will help you prepare for the 2021-22 athletic school year.
1 . Fall Sports Intent to Try-out From – During this past year we have implemented the Intent to Try-out form. This has helped us gather important information from parents and student-athletes to inform them of upcoming mandatory events. If you are a rising 6th-12th grader and plan on trying out for a fall sport, you MUST fill this form out and send it back to Coach Moyer by Friday, July 23. This form may be completed via the google form listed here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeX_L1WXbzlqVY9hhEudBswTbyBFU3Uy4HgMkr2y79GCWzVdg/viewform?usp=sf_link
OR use the attached Fall Sports Intent to Try-out Form and turn it in to Coach Moyer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a PDF file, faxed (336-586-9477) or dropped off in the security office.
2. The NEW 2021-22 NCHSAA Athletic Physical – Most student-athletes do NOT have this updated form on file. You must fill out all 5 pages of the document in order to try out. The first 3 pages are for the parents and the last 2 pages are for the doctor. I have attached a copy of this document for you.
3. Fall Season Start Dates – Summer workouts have completed. Please remember fall season sports begin on the following dates.
- – Fall Season Intent to Try-out Form is due no later than Friday, July 23.
- – Mandatory In-Person Fall Meeting is Wednesday, July 28 at 6:00pm in the CGS gym
- – Mandatory Zoom Fall Meeting is Thursday, July 29 at 8:00pm. Those that signed up for this meeting will receive a zoom meeting invitation.
- – HS Fall Sports can begin Monday, August 2. This includes try-outs.
- – MS Fall Sports can begin Monday, August 9. This includes try-outs.
4. Very Important Dates Document – I have attached this form to give you ALL Important athletic dates for the entire 2021-22 school year separating out the fall, winter and spring seasons. This allows you to plan ahead and mark your calendars for mandatory meetings, season start dates, awards nights, etc. Please note the fall season dates as they will be here sooner than you realize.
5. CGS Athletic Booster Club – The booster club would love to get more CGS Parents involved. As the school will be expanding, the booster club is looking for help to begin the process of expanding our athletic fields. In the future, we are looking to update our softball field, add a Cross Country course, a soccer field and a baseball field. In order for us to begin updating and adding these fields more help will be required. The officers for the 21-22 school year are Keith Roberts – President, T.E. Saunders – Vice President, Jennifer Whitt – Secretary, and Ashley Bristow – Treasurer. They would love have more involvement from our CGS parents during their monthly meetings. In order for us to begin updating and adding these fields more help will be required. Committees are going to be formed this year to help with the process. The committees are listed below. A sign-up sheet will be available at the MS/HS Open house night on Thursday, July 22. You can also contact Keith Roberts via email at email@example.com if you have any questions. Please consider helping out if you would like to see these expansions take place in the future.
- 1. Cross Country Course – Ashley Bristow will be guiding this committee.
- 2. SB Field Updates – Keith Roberts and T.E. Saunders will be guiding this committee.
- 3. Fence Signs/Live Stream Advertisement Opportunities – Jennifer Whitt will be guiding this committee.
6. Coaching Openings – We are in need of some Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches for the 2021-22 school year. Please see the list below and let me know if you or someone you know would be interested.
- – Head Coach and Assistant Coach MS Boys Soccer (Fall)
- – Assistant Coach Varsity Girls Tennis (Fall)
- – Assistant Coach MS Cross Country Coach (Fall)
- – Assistant Coach Varsity Cross Country Coach (Fall)
- – Head Coach and Assistant Coach MS Girls Soccer (Spring)
- – Head Coach and Assistant Coach MS Co-Ed Tennis (Spring)
- – Head MS Baseball Coach (Spring)