Here’s a quick glance at the week:
- 5th Grade/8th Grade Science- EOG
- Math 1 EOC (9th/10th grade)
- Math 3 EOC
- AP Calculus BC Exam
- Dare Graduation @ 8:30 A.M.
- 6th/7th/8th ELA- EOG
- English II- EOC
- 4:00 Varsity Baseball @ River Mill Academy (Davidson)
- Seniors: Pick up Graduation Tickets from the front office
- 6th/7th/8th– Math EOG
- Biology- EOC
- Math 1- EOC 8th Grade
- CTE Exams
- Certiport Exams
- All Middle School laptops must be turned in (MUST TURN IN YOUR CHARGER as well)
- 4:00 Varsity Baseball HOME vs. Cornerstone Charter (Davidson)
Reminder that HS students are only on campus for the remainder of the year for their scheduled exams. Students must check in daily into Canvas for attendance.
MS/Elementary school students will be on campus for the remainder of the school year.
Please see the attached testing calendar for information regarding testing this week. All students on campus MUST fill out the required daily symptom monitoring for your student prior to their arrival on campus. The form that you will need to fill out DAILY for your child(ren) can be found by clicking here.
The updated calendar for the 2021-2022 school year is attached.
- Next year’s calendar has been changed slightly. The major UPDATE for our CGS Families is that our first day of school has moved to MONDAY, JULY 26, 2021. This change was made to help close out our Semester 1 prior to the December holiday break and not have it roll over into the new year. We also added a teacher workday to January 3rd so students will not return on campus until January 4th, 2022 following the December break.
- The first 20 days of school is IMPERATIVE to our school’s financial health since we are a charter school. NO field trips/educational trips, vacations, etc. will be approved for the first 20 days of school. All students MUST be on campus and in their seats to be considered enrolled at Clover Garden School for the 21-22 school year. If your student does not attend school on the first day of school, we will assume you have moved them to another school and will look to replace and fill their spot. This is not to be “mean” or “unfair” but simply is based on the factual information that attendance is VITAL during the first 20 days in order for our school to be complaint with directives from DPI in relation to our school’s financial health. Thank you for understanding the importance of attendance and having your student(s) enrolled in school during the entirety of the academic school year. The updated calendar will be posted on our school’s website soon for your review. Please plan your student’s appointments, vacations, etc. on “non-student” days or “academic breaks” whenever possible. Thank you!
CGS Athletic Booster Club Board Openings:
The CGS Athletic Booster Club is looking to fill 2 seats that will be open for the 2021-22 school year. They are looking for nominations for the Vice President and Secretary positions. Please email the Booster Club President, Keith Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you or someone else is interested. They will take nominations until Friday, May 28.
End of Year Awards:
- This school year, we will have our Kindergarten-5th Grade Awards program on Tuesday, June 1st. We will not be allowing visitors on this day due to Covid-19 restrictions. We will be livestreaming this awards ceremony via our school’s Pixelot camera system. We will be sending out details soon so that you can register for this event and watch virtually.
- K-2 Awards will be broadcasted from 8:30 A.M. until 9:30 A.M. on June 1st.
- 3rd-5th Grade Awards will be broadcasted from 10:00 A.M. until 11:00 A.M. on June 1st.
- Middle and High School Awards will be recorded and presented virtually from teachers and emailed out to our MS/HS families.
Jake Vernon Celebration of Life Event:
- Our student body will participate in a “Celebration of Life Event” on Friday, May 28th, 2021 for our CGS student, Jake Vernon that passed away in December of this year. Thank you to all of you that bought a t-shirt in his memory! If your student did not purchase a t-shirt, we ask that they wear lime green on this day in honor of Jake. No visitors besides those accompanying the Vernon family will be allowed on campus due to Covid-19 restrictions. All students will have the opportunity to release a balloon in Jake’s memory at the conclusion of the event.
Here’s a reminder of the documents available to provide questions, concerns, or comments during remote learning.
- This is a document where you can submit your questions regarding remote learning.
- The “answers” to this document can be found here.
- Weekly Reflection document is available for providing feedback during this time of remote learning.
Questions about Canvas?
Questions about Technology?