Good evening, We are so excited to meet all of you on Wednesday and Thursday of this week! We know that this start to a brand new school year isn’t anything like we had hoped it would be but we will navigate these unchartered waters together! We are looking forward to meeting our new kindergarten students and our families. Listed below are a few reminders that will help our assessment procedures run smoothly later this week.
1. Please speak with your student about face masks. We do not want students to be afraid of the adults in the building because they are required to wear face masks. It is a matter of safety and protection that our staff wear the face masks due to Covid-19. Even though you can’t see their beautiful smiling faces, we can promise that they will be friendly and hopefully not too scary by wearing their masks.
2. Please make sure that you arrive a few minutes prior to your scheduled assessment time. If you are unsure of your assessment time, please let Mrs. Nina know at email@example.com.
3. Only 2 parents are allowed on campus per student. We will be screening both parents and students prior to allowing entrance into our school building. Screening includes; touchless temperature check, and Covid-19 exposure questions. Please park at the cones in the front entrance. There will be someone outside directing you to the designated parking spots.
4. Parents will be escorted to the classroom with their student by a leadership team member. Here we will “drop off” the student for their assessment in one of three kindergarten classrooms. Assessments are being completed by three of our staff members who are teacher assistants and work well with our younger aged students. Our Kindergarten teachers will also be visiting each classroom meeting students throughout the assessment. While taking the assessment, we ask that parents patiently wait in their vehicles parked outside in our front circle. We will bring your student to your vehicle once they have completed their assessment. While in the car, we will ask that you fill out some important information for our teachers in your “Open House Packet” and watch our “Open House” videos from the Kindergarten teachers. A kindergarten teacher will bring your student to you, meet with each of you briefly while safely social distancing, and give you a quick summary of the assessment and how your student performed.
5. Assessments are only given to help us get an “educational baseline” of where students are prior to entering Kindergarten. This information is confidential and will only be shared amongst our Kindergarten and EC departments. We will use this information to help create our class rosters.
6. Class Rosters will be shared with you on Friday, 7-24.
If you have any questions, please let us know. We are looking forward to seeing everyone later this week!
See you soon!
As always, thanks for all that you do,