Clover Garden’s BETA Club is proud to host an upcoming American Red Cross Blood Drive. Mark your calendars on January 21 from 1:00 PM-6:00 PM.
An estimated 38 percent of Americans are eligible to give blood or platelets, but of those, less than 10 percent actually donate each year. If you are healthy and eligible, we are asking you to please come out and donate. If you do not know if you are eligible, show up and find out.
Make sure to eat nutritious meals rich in Iron-Meat, poultry, fish, spinach, broccoli, strawberries, etc… In the past, we had a few students and adults unable to donate due to low iron levels! If you would like to donate:
- Visit the Red Cross online. Use our sponsor code: Clover Garden
- You can register online, use Rapid Pass, and schedule your appointment time or Access the Mobile app-Red Cross Blood Donor app.
- You can complete your pre-donation reading, answer the health questionnaire, and secure your spot online prior to the drive.
- Print or save information to give to check-in when you arrive for your appointment.
- You can still show up to the drive without having made an appointment. This will take longer due to working you in between appointments.
Please remember to do the following on the day of the drive:
- Bring your driver’s license or Red Cross donor card to the American Red Cross Blood Drive.
- Drink an extra 16 ounces of water or caffeine-free fluids before donating.
- Eat a healthy meal before the donation. Avoid overly fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries, or ice cream.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before.
- Wear comfortable clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
- Take the time to enjoy a snack and a drink in the refreshment area after donating.
If you are an eligible Type O, B-, or A- donor, consider making a Power Red donation. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Mrs. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this information with family and friends to make our blood drive a success!